Registration for kindergarten takes place over the month of January. Parents are asked to visit or contact their local Catholic school and arrange an appointment to register their children. If you are unsure of the school your child will attend, our Home School Locator will assist you in determining the Catholic school closest to your home.
Welcome to our Catholic community: Guide for Parents provides information including how to register, riding the bus, tips for preparing your child for kindergarten, immunization, volunteering in the classroom, etc. A guide is put into each kindergarten package that parents receive at registration. You can also download a copy of the guide or request one from your local Catholic school or the Catholic Education Centre - 519-756-6369 .
Kindergarten Registration Tips
- Junior Kindergarten - Children must be 4 years old by Dec.31 of the year registering, Senior Kindergarten - Children must be 5 years old by Dec. 31 of the year registering.
- To give each child the best start possible, our Kindergarten program provides a variety of learning opportunities and experiences delivered in a Catholic environment. We also offer comprehensive programs for children with special needs.
- To register your child, please bring the following:
- a birth certificate or other government document to show proof of age; and
- a Roman Catholic baptismal certificate for either the child OR parent.
- If you are a non-Catholic or 'Out of School Boundary' family, please contact your local Catholic school to discuss the application process with the school principal.
Full Day Kindergarten Program
All elementary schools of the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School board offer full day kindergarten.
French Immersion Kindergarten program is offered at four BHNCDSB locations:
- St. Leo Catholic Elementary (City of Brantford) 519-759-3314
- Jean Vanier Catholic Elementary (City of Brantford) 519-753-5283
- Sacred Heart, Paris (County of Brant) 519-442-4443
- St. Joseph's Catholic Elementary, Simcoe (Norfolk County) 519-426-0820
Transportation is provided to all students enroled in the French Immersion program to the school in their location.
For information about the program in your area, please contact your closest French Immersion program school.
Tax Direction of School Support
At the time of registration, you will be asked to direct your tax support (regardless of if you rent or own) to 'Separate' school support. For details of what this tax support direction means to Catholic school districts in Ontario, how to change your direction of support, and for a copy of the forms please visit Direction of School Support.
New to Canada?
If you are new to Canada, have a school-aged child, and English is not your first language, we can assist you with enrolling your child in school. Our staff will provide student assessment and guidance for English language learners and their families. Please call 519-756-6505for assistance.
Transportation for Kindergarten
School bus transportation is available to all kindergarten students who live more than 1.6 km from their school. School bus route schedules will be sent to you in late August, and are available by contacting the Student Transportation Services of Brant Haldimand Norfolk.